I love google. I know we started out with a bunch on search engines like Ask Jeeves and now we have Bing but I never understood why anyone would use anything other that google. There is something about the cleanliness, the choice of colors in the logo and the search box on the homepage that makes we want to explore. Even the name makes me happy as there is nothing intimidating about google. I am sure Microsoft was hoping for a similar reaction to Bing but it was too late to the party and it feels like a name that is trying too hard.
As I wrote in my wikipost the ability to search the web for information you used to have find in books and magazines is changing the way people write creative works. Using both of these tools, fascinating details are at your fingertips. They say that most people don't click past the 2nd page on a google search which always makes me feel sad for the results that come after but I do exactly the same thing. If I can't find what I am looking for on the first two pages, I revisit my search terms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment