Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flickr and YouTube

I found Flickr to be interesting but as I use a mac at home I have all the function of Flickr with my computer and my mobileme account already. Plus I had heard that once you posted on Flickr they actually owned the image. I tried to look at the Terms of Services to see if the that was true but there is something about the text in Terms and Conditions print that makes me fall asleep. I will google the question later. One of my fears is that one day someone will knock on my door and inform me that by clicking yes to the terms and conditions for some product I agreed to give them my property.
But I digress. I searched Flickr using the terms Calgary and Disneyland and there were some beautiful shots but again I am not sure why I would ever use this service though I am grateful that CPL 2.0 made me visit the site and I found the tour useful.
Youtube is something I am more familiar with and I watched the suggested videos. It's hard to believe that Youtube has only been with us for 5 years even though we have made it a verb and we all know what we're discussing when we say YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment