What are the advantages of storing, sharing, and tagging web content this way? What are the disadvantages?
I have never used Delicious before and have mourned the loss of CPL's best websites setup that we used to have. Whenever I have logged onto delicious in the past, I found the site visually overwhelming. Too much information organized in what appears to be a random manner made it hard for me to navigate. Today I spent this morning exploring Delicious and battling the desire to click away. I experimented in trying to locate some of the places I used to go to on Best Website and I was able to locate many of them. I still find the site confusing and I'm not sure I would use it with teaching Cyberseniors until I was very clear on how to navigate it. If I find it confusing, I imagine a senior with limited knowledge of the internet would be baffled.
This afternoon I signed up for my own account and bookmarked several sites such as CPL 2.0 and the blogs from fellow staff members and I appreciate that I now have them organized in a way that makes sense to me.
I would imagine if was working on a research project and pulling together information from several different sites that this could be very useful. I am grateful that I was required to get to know this site and get over my aversion to it's layout with this exercise and I am curious to see how my bookmarks grow over the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment